You’ve spent hours upon hours planning an excellent Christian youth camp or adult retreat, and you have many guests attending that have never been to a camp or retreat before. This event may even be the first interaction some of these newcomers have ever had with your church members. To break the conversational walls that we as people sometimes put up for ourselves, try using these Christian icebreaker questions with this basic icebreaker practice.
Use simple conversation starting questions to quickly engage your guests in discussions.
How it works:
- Write down questions on pretty index cards and scatter them throughout the Christian facility. (i.e. dining tables, dorm rooms, lounge areas, etc.)
- During your welcome announcements and/or in your welcome packets, let the guests know that these cards are scattered throughout the area.
- Instruct them to pick up the card as soon as they see it and ask the person standing next to them the question.
That’s it! You now have long-time members talking to new members and the other way around without any social awkwardness.
30 icebreaker questions to get you started:
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- If you could live one year from your life again, which one would you go back to?
- If you won a million dollars what is the first thing you would buy?
- What’s the best advice you have ever received?
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
- If you could join the cast from any TV show what would it be?
- What non-traditional animal would you like ot have as a pet?
- If you could ask God one question, what would you ask?
- What food do you hate the most?
- If you could add a thirteenth month into the year where would you put it and what would you name it?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite book other than the Bible?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What is the last movie you watched in a theater?
- How many people do you have in your immediate family?
- Have you ever been to a retreat or camp before?
- What is your favorite thing about each of your parents?
- What is your favorite thing about your hometown?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is one thing that you have done that you would love to do again?
- If you could be another person for a day, who would you be?
- If you could have witnessed anything in the Bible, what would you have wanted to see?
- What is a weird habit that you have?
- If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want with you?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What do you think will be the best thing about Heaven?
- What is your favorite dessert/junk food?
- If you could have a famous singer serenade you with any song, who would it be and what would he/she sing?
- What is your dream job?
- What is an embarrassing moment you have had in the last year?
Recommended books with over 1200 more icebreaker questions to start your group conversations.
- The Complete Book of Questions: 1001 Conversation Starters for Any Occasion
- 101 More Conversation Starters for Couples
- 201 Great Questions (LifeChange)
What icebreaker question would you add to this list?
Join the conversation here: https://www.facebook.com/christiancamppro/posts/453606451424940. Bonus: Pick a few icebreaker questions and answer them in the comments. For every question you ask and answer, I will reply with mine!