Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
Recently, I had the honor of being a guest on the Summer Camp Programming Podcast with Curt and Chris. During the podcast, I was able to talk about my personal experiences running a faith-based retreat facility with my family.
If you would like to know a little more about me personally and the Christian retreat facility I work for, I encourage you to give it a listen!
Here are a few topics and questions Curt and Chris asked me during the podcast:
- Please give an overview of yourself and the Oasis Christian Center.
- How do we get potential rental groups to choose Oasis over other retreat facilities?
- What sort of programming do we offer and why?
- Many camps feel they have to offer programs to their rental groups but often find it hard to find off-season staff to run the activities. But you’re saying you don’t offer any programming yourself and yet, each weekend is booked for next year. Do people at your center ever complain that there’s nothing to do?
- What sort of groups should camps market towards that wouldn’t require the camp to run programs?
- What do you do for foodservice? Do you have a year-round cook?
- Do you offer any sort of ideas or assistance to rental groups as far as planning retreats?
It was great to be included on their informative podcast aimed at camp/retreat programming!
- Curt is the man behind SummerCampPro.com, SummerCampCon, and Patchwork Marketplace.
- Chris is the Executive Director at Camp Good News in Illinois.
Did you enjoy the podcast? Do me a favor, and please share it with a friend!
- McClung, Robert A (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 112 Pages - 11/11/2016 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Publisher)
Last update on 2020-07-06 at 16:10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API