Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The internet can be a useful tool for gathering information, keeping up with current events, and connecting with friends and relatives. However, it can lead people down paths that are dangerous to marriage relationships. Affairs and porn addiction are rampant in today’s “plugged-in” society.
A marriage and internet retreat theme can help married couples avoid the pitfalls of the darker side of the web and give them ways to stay connected to each other.
Marriage Should Be Honored:
4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.Hebrews 13:4 NIV
With a number of social media sites available to help people connect, it can be easy for spouses to be led astray. What often begins as an innocent online relationship can become an emotional or even physical affair if left unchecked.
Use the scripture passage above to remind couples that their marriage vows are sacred and should always be given due consideration when forming relationships online.
It Does Hurt to Look:
28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.Matthew 5:28 NIV
Porn addiction is at an all-time high thanks to easy access via the internet. Some may argue that looking at porn is not cheating and does no real damage, but the Bible declares otherwise. Use the scripture above to show couples that looking at pornographic images is considered adultery and should be avoided at all costs.
Spend Time Unplugged:
10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.Romans 12:10 NIV
Even if the time you spend on the internet isn’t used viewing inappropriate material or pursuing adulterous relationships, it can damage a marriage if it takes away from the time spouses would spend together.
It’s easy to lose track of time when searching for delicious recipes (like this one), watching funny videos, or checking out social media. Use the scripture above to remind married couples to unplug from the internet and make time for one another.
Marriage Retreat Crafts:
His and Hers Bracelets – This fun craft can be done in a variety of ways with a wide range of materials. The important thing is for the couples to craft bracelets that remind them of their commitment to one another.
- AFFORDABLE BRACELETS SETS:6 Set vintage tribal style adjustable woven braided leather bracelets in a set, including woven leather,hemp cords and...
- ADJUSTABLE BRACELETS SETS--7.6-11 Inches Adjustable Length,suitable for most people's wrists,elastic cord design,easy to put on or take...
- MULTI-LAYER BRACELETS--26pcs classic and stylish bracelets in all,there are so many ways to match these bracelets.you can match them in different...
Wood Craft Couple – Have couples follow the simple instructions to create this beautiful art piece that can be displayed at home. The spouses can even design the pieces to represent one another to make it even more personalized and special.
Date Night Box – Use these fun date night cards and allow couples to customize a box for their own printed Date Night ideas. Even better, create your own cards!
- 50 single-sided 4 x 6 inch date night cards.
- Simple black and white design is easy to read.
- 100 lb premium quality heavyweight card stock.
Marriage Retreat Games:
Blindfold Course – Set up an obstacle course in your event space. For each couple, one spouse will be blindfolded and the other must guide them through the course using only spoken directions. The couple to make it through the course in the shortest time wins. You will need a bulk blindfold kit (linked below) and while you’re out it, you may try these blindfold games too.
- 4-Layers: the outer layer is made of polyester, and the inner is non-woven fabric with sponge filler; These materials block the light much better
- Special nose design: 2 elastic straps make the eye mask stay on place, fit comfortably
- Easy to carry: compact size and light weight make these satin sleep masks easier to carry on and store
Couples Minute to Win It – Allow couples to compete against one another in these hilarious challenges. The married team to successfully complete the most challenges wins.
Spouse Scattegories – Use the free printables to allow couples to play this hilarious game. Teams must come up with words in specific categories using certain letters of the alphabet. The team with the most points wins.
- Scattergories game challenges you to come up with items fast
- You score points when you come up with items that nobody else does
- Play in teams for tons of fun
Other Marriage Retreat Ideas:
Marriage Purpose Statement/Agreement – Allow couples to work together to create a meaningful marriage purpose statement as well as an agreement to avoid temptations and to guard their hearts. Provide materials to write or print out the statements and agreements.
Date Night Prize Box – Set up a crate, box, or basket filled with fun things for a date night: movie passes, gift certificates to a nice restaurant, microwave popcorn, candy, a couple’s massage kit, etc. The prize box can serve as a game prize, door prize, or even a take-home for all your couples.
- BURSTING WITH FLAVOR: We’ve included a popcorn flavoring for every taste! White Cheddar, Sweet & Salty Kettlecorn, Chili Lime, Buttery Caramel...
- POPCORN GIFT SET: Give this delicious popcorn kernel and seasoning set at your next dinner party or holiday gathering – it’s the perfect...
- NOT JUST FOR POPCORN: Use our spices however you like! Sprinkle these popcorn topping blends on potatoes, nuts, chips and ice cream!
Best Devotionals for Couples – They say the couple that reads the Word together stays together. Why not encourage and help out the couples attending your marriage retreat by giving them each a devotional and encourage them to take a little time to read the Bible together each day?
The internet is a part of daily life in the modern age, but it can offer temptations and pose dangers if not monitored carefully. An E-Harmony Internet Marriage Retreat can help married couples be aware of the pitfalls of unguarded internet use. It can also show them ways to remain faithful and devoted to one another in all of their communications online and off.
Last update on 2021-04-06 at 11:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API